I'm running more.
A lot more...
Here's what has been going on, if you were wondering...
The Colon Cancer Alliance Undy 5000 5k brought us a best team costume win again.
|Jenn, Melinda, Eros, me, and John. Sweating in these costumes is not so cute...|
|Don't you wish you were on my team?|
|Merrell Pace Gloves and practically nothing else!|
Let's face it- we had NO competition. And I have no idea how I am going to top this costume. This was a statement of sorts- proving that anyBODY can run. If anyone asked why we were dressed the way we were, I told them that we don't need underwear... When I think of colon cancer, I don't think about underwear, and I bet you don't either, anyway...
And I ran a local 5k just to get an awesome t-shirt.
|No PR but the shirt is pretty cool!|
There have been a few weeks in the summer where I put more miles on my running shoes than I did on my car. I've been running in Merrell Barefoot Pace Glove for shorter runs and Brooks Pure Flow for longer runs. I've been running in the Pace Gloves since the end of May, but now that I am increasing my distance and doing two long runs a week, I need a little cushioning. The Brooks Pure Flow has become my long run shoe.
I became a fan of Chocolate Zico Coconut Water.
I was able to share BodyArmor Superdrink with the participants of the Jersey Girl Triathlon. I mean, I don't take all the credit, but the friend who contacted them got them from this here blog!
...and I converted a few "I don't run much during that time of the month" wanna be half-marathoner chicks into Instead Softcup users at the Asbury Park 5k. (hey, they asked...)
|The Softcup visor makes for an unique conversation piece...|
What else is going on?
Here's our schedule.
- September 2nd, 2012 JimmyD 5k (a friend invited us- beer garden and BBQ... sold...)
- September 15, 2012 Run For The Arts 5k (mainly because it's right in our town and it's really cheap)
- September 30, 2012 Jersey Shore Half Marathon (I may just watch my husband and friends from the sidelines.)
- October 7, 2012 Long Beach Island 18 Mile Run (this is marathon training at race pace w/ my long run partner)
- October 20-21, 2012 Runner's World Running Festival 5k, 10k, and Half marathon. (yes, we are doing all three- they call this the Hat Trick)
- October 28, 2012 Marine Corps Marathon (decided to do this one on the way to that damn Spartan Race)
- November 10, 2012 Inaugural Trenton Half Marathon (first EVER! I want to be a part of this.)
Do I know what I have gotten myself into? Well, yes... What is my training strategy? Back-to-back long runs. (Early as #$%^ on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.) Don't be stupid. Don't push it, listen to my body, all the while training my body to exert and recover quickly. People in third-world countries cover this kind of mileage daily. Just because I'm a pansy-assed privileged American, doesn't mean I can't too.
It is going to be a very rigorously overwhelmingly exciting Autumn. Great excuses to travel, abundant opportunities to move out of my comfort zone, maybe a PR in one or more of these distances, and perhaps with all of these races so close together, that amazing finish line feeling will FINALLY get old... Haha. Just kidding...
This leads us to my next post... What on earth can I do with all of these race bibs? Check back for the answer and an amazing giveaway!